Ottawa’s trend-setting neighbourhood will be backing a new women’s housing facility in Westboro on September 23rd with Westboro FUSE Fashion, a premiere event in support of Cornerstone Housing for Women.
The multi-faceted fashion event, being held in an 11,000sq ft space at Qwest on Richmond Road, will host multiple runway shows, an interactive marketplace, rooftop VIP reception, fashion displays and VIP lifestyle penthouse tours.
Westboro FUSE Fashion — created and produced by the Westboro Village BIA, in conjunction with Ottawa Fashion Week creative director Bruno Racine, The Loft West and Qwest – signals community support for Cornerstone’s new housing facility on Princeton Ave. Located in the former “mother house” of the Sisters of Jeanne d’Arc, the 42-unit building will cost a total of $6.9 million. Through its residences and shelters, Cornerstone houses approximately 500 women annually and provides 140,000 meals. (For more information, please find the attached backgrounders.)
“Westboro is a community of neighbours who care about each other and that extends to some of the hundreds of women who need affordable and supportive rental housing in Ottawa. Westboro FUSE Fashion is about community, and will feature our incredible fashion and lifestyle retailers coming together for a great cause,” says Westboro BIA chairman, Dr Dan Hwang.
The event, hosted by CTV’s Sarah Freemark, will include:
- Multiple fashion shows focused on the latest Fall/Winter 2017 trends from NRML Select, Fashion United, Manhattan West and Westboro Closet Candy, amongst many others
- VIP rooftop sunset reception, presented by Gezellig
- Beverages and bubbles by the Savoy Brasserie
- VIP access to QWest’s luxury penthouse suites showcasing the latest trends in Westboro retailers’ home décor and design
- Hands-on marketplace, with Daniel Thompson makeup, jewelry and the newest techniques in hair from fashion industry leaders L’Oréal, Pureology and Kérastase
- Interactive displays from Westboro’s leading lifestyle and fashion retailers
- Live pattern drafting and fashion designer demonstrations by upcoming Montreal designer, Rebecca Rowes
- Shoppable virtual reality boutique experiences
- A VIP Telescopes & Tarot Cards reception under the stars
To arrange for images, interviews and media bookings, contact Julie Beun at [email protected] or 613.371.9060.
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook: @WestboroFuseFashion