– 2 eggs
– 1/2 onion, chopped
– 2 large cloves garlic
– 2 small bell peppers
– 1-2 cups kale (2-4 leaves)
– 2 handfuls grape tomatoes, diced
– 1 cup tomato purée
– 1.5 tsp couscous spice or (1/4 tsp each of cumin, chili powder, cayenne and a pinch of turmeric)
– Dash of sugar
– Olive oil for frying
– Salt + pepper to taste
1. On medium heat, brown onions on a skillet or stainless steel pan.
2. Add all ingredients except eggs. Let simmer for a few minutes until it starts to bubble gently.
3. Break eggs on top. Let them poach in the stew with the lid closed until egg whites are cooked (about 2 mins). Leave 2 minutes longer for non-runny yokes!
4. Serve and enjoy!
Optional: add crusty bread or Israeli couscous on the side to help soak up the spicy stew
I like this recipie10